Drawing on their own personal healthcare journeys, co-founders Owen Tripp and Dr. Lawrence “Rusty” Hofmann started Grand Rounds in 2011. As we’ve grown to serve more than 130+ employer customers and over 6 million members, we continue to strive to redefine healthcare experiences and raise the standard of care for everyone, everywhere – every single day.
What we believe
- Members are the center of our universe. Doctors are our change agents.
- We build the Member experience we want for ourselves, then offer it to everyone.
- We speak human, no matter how complex the subject.
- We embrace data to better challenge the status quo.
- Technology and design are the muscles of our business, driving us faster and further.
- Our business model is not brain surgery.
- Access is a right, not a privilege.
- Member outcomes define success. And only outcomes.
Grand Rounds, grand tradition
In the late 19th century, Sir William Osler, the first professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins Medical School, introduced a novel physician-to-physician teaching forum to disseminate cutting-edge medical knowledge. This collaborative approach became known as a “grand round.” Our name draws from this venerable tradition. Through the connections we make to best-in-class care, we strive to spread knowledge on the latest in diagnosis and treatments, advance clinical practice, and improve clinical outcomes for our members.
Interested in solving healthcare's hardest problems?Open Positions